How to begin your child's journey...
Step 1: To begin the application process, please submit your enquiry through the GEMS Online Student Registration website.
Before accessing this site, you may wish to read the following guidelines providing simply instructions for completing the online application process.
Step 2: Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an Enquiry number. Please print a copy of this Receipt and keep it for your records. If you cannot print this page, please ensure that you write down the Enquiry Number for all future correspondence and queries. An acknowledgement email containing next steps will be sent to the email address you provided.
Step 3: After receiving the acknowledgement email containing your enquiry number, please submit the requested documents listed below, to the Registrar:
- A printout of the Enquiry Acknowledgement, which is emailed after online registration is complete
- 3 copies of the student’s Birth Certificate
- 3 copies of the student’s passport with valid residence visa
- 1 copy of Emirates ID card of the student
- 5 passport size photographs with white background
- 1 copy of the father’s and mother’s passport with valid residence visa
- Copy of mark sheet of final/ latest examination passed in current Grade/ previous school
- Original attested Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate of the last school attended (to be submitted after the confirmation of admission.)
- Only for KG 1 - Fitness Certificate. This should be a medical certificate from a government hospital, or from recognized clinics only, declaring the health status of the child, that the child is free of allergies, vaccination is up to date and fit to join school.)
- From Grade 2 onwards - The original Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate of the last school attended must be in English and duly attested according to the guidelines below:
A. For students coming from Emirates other than Dubai:
The Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate should be attested by the Ministry of Education of the concerned Emirate.
B. For students coming from Oman:
The Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate should be attested by the Indian Embassy, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the U.A.E. Consulate/ Embassy located in the country.
C. For students coming from Gulf countries other than the U.A.E.:
The Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate should be attested by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Indian Embassy and the U.A.E. Consulate/ Embassy located in the country.
D. For students coming from India:
- The Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate has to be verified by the Education Officer of the Zone/ District/ Area from where the Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate was obtained.
- The seal and signature of the Education Officer has to be attested by the Indian Consulate and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai.
E. For students coming from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand
A letter from the Principal of the school last attended must be submitted. It must be on the school’s letter head and have the school’s seal. The letter must contain the following details:
- The grade of the student
- The name of the school
- The academic year(s) that the student attended
- A statement that the student was passed and promoted, specifying the grade
F. For students coming from countries other than USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand:
- The Transfer/ School Leaving Certificate should be attested by the District Educational Officer/ Ministry of Education of the country of migration
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of migration
- UAE Embassy/ Consulate of the country of migration
Please note that the discontinuation period between the date of leaving and the date of joining should not be more than TWO WEEKS.
The school’s academic year is from April to March. All admissions from KG1 and above done after 15th June require a studying / discontinued Transfer Certificate which is valid for only 20 days from the last date of attendance. All attestations remain the same as above.
Step 4: Once parents submit all the documents and pay the registration fee of AED 1,500 (non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable) and the first month’s tuition fees, the seat will be confirmed for the student. All documents will be sent to the Ministry of Education for approval, after which the admission will be regularized.
Terms and Conditions
To meet the age requirements of the admission policy, a student must have turned the age listed next to the grade level by July 31st of the Academic Year.
GEMS New Millennium School, Al Khail seeks to make the most appropriate grade placement for each student based on his or her age, as well as academic, social and emotional development within policy guidelines. For this reason, new students may be required to complete an appropriate level assessment to determine placement and fit.
- KG1 to Grade 1 – The prospective student should accompany the parents, for an interaction. Placement tests may be conducted at the time of admission.
- From Grades 2 and above - Admission is granted based on the report of the latest examination passed.
Previous Schooling Record
All new students must provide official documentation of previous school experience, report card, and test scores. All documents provided must be in English. The school may request certification of translation from the Consulate of the country in which the student last attended to meet admission requirements.
Note: The Principal reserves the right to refuse admission to any student whose character, conduct or academic performance is not satisfactory.
If you would like to know more about admission to GEMS New Millennium School, please call us on 04 445 2900.