Career Guidance at NMS begins in a structured manner from Grade 8. The outline is as below:
- Financial Literacy lessons for Grade 8 students
- Global Futures Curriculum from Singularity University for Grade 9 students
- IIT/JEE coaching (Competitive Examinations coaching for entrance to Engineering and Medical courses in India)
- CISCO courses including Internet of Things and CCNA during afterschool lessons
- Participation in various regional and international events including Model United Nations (ThaiMUN and local MUNs), NMS hosted MUN, Business Simulations, Innovation Challenges, Theatre Festivals, Literature Festivals etc.,
- Career Mapping Assessment (Interests, Abilities and Aspirations)
- Regular sessions from Career Counselors on different pathways and destinations of study
- Internship programmes sourced by school (opportunities to test-drive various careers)
Indian Universities recognize IGCSE qualifications:
NMS COLLEGE FAIR 2018
Click on the link below to view the list of participating Colleges/Universities;
Presentation from representatives of the University of Bath, UK.
Focus: Engineering (Robotics)
Insightful discussions by students to evaluate the opportunities at NMS to prepare its students to be future ready.
Future Ready: Senior students intern with Medeor 24x7 Hospital, Kieta Catering etc., during the winter break. Students are encouraged to participate in a minimum 5 days of internship during the school year.